Skip To Main Content
Encinal Jr. Sr. High School | Home of the Jets

Out of State Colleges and Tuition

Are you interested in getting out of CA for college but think you can't afford it? That may not be true.  As a CA resident, you are eligible to request a reduced Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) tuition rate of 150% of the resident rate at one of the 145 participating schools in the West.   For a list of participating institutions please follow the link to WUE.

Western Undergraduate Exchange

Things to Know About the WUE

Not every out-of-state University participates in the WUE tuition rate  (e.g. Univ. of Oregon & Colorado do NOT).

Each University may put different limits on WUE majors available (e.g. Univ. of Montana administers the WUA as a merit scholarship and puts no restrictions on majors, but the Univ. of Arizona & Arizona State put limits on what WUE students can major in).

Some of our favorites:

 Boise State University University of Montana Southern Oregon University University of Hawaii - Manoa Western Washington Portland State Colorado State